Monday, November 25, 2013

I've got that Summertime Happiness




Hi everyone! I've finally finished my first year of uni, which went by ridiculously quick and easy. Spent some time in Canberra for my boyfriend's birthday and now I am back in Sydney working hard and planning my fantastic summer of self-love. I thought I would share some plans/lists of all the things I have waiting in store.

Watching List

John Waters - Image from Pages Digital

Directors

John Waters ✩ Wes Anderson ✩ Ingmar Bergman✩ David Lynch✩ Alejandro Jodorowsky ✩ Carlos Saura✩ Sally Potter ✩ Aki Kaurismaki 


Hunky Irishman from Boardwalk Empire - Image from the New York Times

Television

Boardwalk Empire ✩ Girls ✩ ... Any more suggestions? Otherwise I'm going to rewatch the Simpsons.


Denim Jacket Inspiration - Image from Rookie

DIY List

Festival costumes ✩ Denim jacket revamping ✩ Leather Jacket makeover ✩ Glitter shoes ✩ Learning new knitting skills and crocheting skills


My favourite Art Journals I've seen - Image from the Clog Princess

Journaling

Making lists of magical moments ✩ Buying this Art Journaling E-course ✩ Getting back into the daily routine of writing ✩ Updating this (wonderful) blog more often ✩ Scrapbook my photos


Cramped granny flat yoga - Image from tumblr

Fitness

Going for more walks and bike rides ✩ Doing youtube pilates classes with blogilates


My Beautiful Man-Child - Taken by yours truely

Film and Photography

Planning and creating a short film/music video ✩ Getting more comfortable taking stills ✩ Exploring my city ✩ Getting  Instagram



Most of my upcoming posts will be updates from my summer endeavours, rants about TV and movies, and tidbits from my life as a goofy woman-child.


Food for thought: I wish penises were represented more on television. Like, they must feel so angered by the inequality of boob air-time and penis air-time. For instance, in the 3 and a half seasons of Boardwalk Empire that I have watched, there has been 1 penis, compared to the (approximate) average of 5 pairs of boobs per episode. Lets fight this, and take a stand for private part equality. [note, penis was shown of a man wearing a belt around his neck waving a gun surrounded by dead people. it was kind of awesome in a horrific way - the best kind of awesome.]

No comments:

Post a Comment