Saturday, September 21, 2013

More About Me


My nickname is Mimo, short for Wairimu, and I am a Kenyan born Australian with a Kenyan father and a Filipino mother. I grew up in Canberra, which is a strange place to grow up, so I've become a strange kind of person.

I am studying Media Arts Production, which is basically Film Production, in Sydney, combined with a degree in International Studies. My favourite film is Jodorowsky's 'El Topo' and my favourite TV show is Lynch's 'Twin Peaks'. I obviously love a bit of surreal in my life, and anything a little bit sick and twisted is up my alley.

I love to craft, and I dabble in a lot of different types. I am not particularly great at any of them, but I love them all. Knitting, sewing, scrapbooking, collaging, decoupaging, I try my hand at each. 

I started this blog so that I would be inspired and motivated to craft and create more, so I could share it online, and also so that I could write more, and photograph more, and make more videos. I hope that this blog helps me develop my own personal style in the creative things that I do, so that I can brand myself and build my own legacy when I start on my career.

I welcome any questions, critiques and discussions, and I love checking out other people's blogs, especially if you're looking for a friend in me (because I'm always looking for friends). Also, pen pals are welcome, because the letter-writing is one of my favourite. 

Thanks, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment